Was 2016 successful for you? Did you achieve what you set out for, within your budget? Did you experience any roadblocks? What did you learn?
If you are like most leaders, reflection on 2016 reveals areas for improvement. You want to use the experiences from last year to ensure a successful 2017. But where should you focus your efforts, time, and budget? Let’s explore this in further detail.
As you know, success does not come cheap and never without hard work. Any journey can be topsy-turvy with numerous failures and occasional success, but a strategy that never fails is to have a blueprint or a plan and proper budgeting for it. Your competition is growing, and with newer organizations always coming to the fold, survival depends heavily on innovative tactics in a few key areas. The good news? No matter how 2016 panned out for your organization, a successful and well-planned 2017 can be achieved.
Here are five focus points for success in 2017:
1) Training: A wise man once said – “You never go wrong when you invest in education”. Proper training is essential for any organization to prosper and it is widely regarded as one of the smartest investments that business leaders could do. With trained team members, a better output can be expected. Regular training increases the knowledge base and develops the necessary skill sets for the work force. A win-win situation for all – the need for hiring considerably decreases as the employees thrive under the confluence of knowledge that bolsters their working capabilities. A trained workforce attracts more business.
2) Social Media Marketing: As time progresses, cutting-edge technology has turned the world into a global village. The trick for widespread visibility is underlined by a company’s expertise in social media marketing. With the world now going online, social-media-based, low-budget advertising provides endless opportunities to showcase your work. Incredibly cost-efficient and easy to use, social media marketing unfolds multitudes of opportunities that lead to positive results. There are thousands of success stories built on paid social media marketing. It’s time for you to explore this avenue.
3) Process Documentation: Every project is driven by a set of well-defined processes. These documented processes aid in the completion of a task in the quickest and most efficient manner. The Bible for any organization, this document is of utmost importance. Such process documentation can go miles in easing the workload for someone new to the project. Most organizational capabilities are now judged based on the maturity levels of their cross-functional processes. That’s more reason to invest time and effort in documenting such processes in the right manner.
4) Refreshing your website: The world has gone digital and so have almost all businesses. The state of a company’s website goes leaps and bounds in deciding its fate. A user-friendly website attracts more traffic, ensures audience retention, and it is also an important source for generating business leads. Therefore, it is vital to invest and upgrade your website with up-to-date information on your products and services. Ensure that your website is SEO-friendly to get a higher listing on the searches. As competition increases manifold, uploading fascinating content can be tricky. The more attractive, find-able, and engaging your website is, the better is your visibility.
5) Setting personal goals: Hire a personal coach to help achieve some of those objectives that you always wanted to. The long, draining work hours these days can really take a toll, which is why one needs to keep a check on how his/her personal goals are shaping up. Finding the right coach can ensure a proper alignment between your personal and work life. By taking professional help, you can lay out a proper course of action, with pre-defined timelines for accomplishing your goals. Personal goals may vary from a trip with your family, buying that new house, getting a swanky new car, earning more money for the luxuries you desire, to setting new benchmarks in office. The former gratifies your personal needs, while the latter helps in achieving a higher status at work.
Are you ready for a successful 2017?
Take the time to review these key improvement areas: training, documentation, social media, website, personal goals
If you need help, reach out! We are here to help you have a successful 2017 professionally and personally.